Free parking for patients and visitors is located directly across the street from the hospital’s main entrance on Haynes Street. The circular driveway at the front entrance of the hospital can be utilized to drop off patients.
Free valet parking services are available Monday – Friday for main entrance and ambulatory drop-offs.
Main Entrance valet services located on Haynes Street: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Ambulatory valet services located on Grand Street: 5:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
If you are visiting Manchester Memorial Hospital for a test or procedure, you are required to pre-register. Our easy access pre-registration services will answer all of your questions about your upcoming stay. For more information, please call our pre-registration line at 860.872.5150.
We welcome and encourage friends and family to visit patients, and believe it is important in the patient’s recovery process. When visiting our patients, please keep the following guidelines in mind during your visit:
- Children are welcome for short visits as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Most of our patient rooms are semi-private. Please be considerate of the other patient in the room and all patients on the unit. We ask that you keep your voices low while visiting, and try to limit the number of visitors to two at a time. Although we respect cultural customs and try to accommodate family wishes, our focus is on the care of our patients. There may be times when a member of our care team, using best clinical judgment, determines that it is in the best interest of a patient or patients to limit or restrict the presence of visitors and/or care partner/support persons.
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms or have an illness that may be considered contagious, we ask that you visit at another time in the best interest of all of our patients.
- If there is an “isolation” sign on the door of the patient you plan to visit, please see the nurse on duty for an explanation of how to enter and leave the room. This would include how to wear, and dispose of, protective apparel and the importance of hand washing.
- Your visit may be interrupted from time-to-time so that we may provide patient care to your loved one, as well as to the other patient in the room. We appreciate your understanding and support during these times, and we encourage you to either wait in the waiting area or return later in the day.
Please note that our hospital will often set very strict standards for visitation during the flu season. During flu season, we may restrict children and adults who have not received a flu shot from coming into the hospital to ensure protection to our patients and those who care for them.
In addition, some areas of our hospital have specific hours for visitation:
Behavioral Health Adolescent In-Patient Unit:
Monday-Friday 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Weekends and holidays: 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Behavioral Health Adult In-Patient Unit:
Monday-Friday 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Weekends and holidays: 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
If an alarm should sound while you are in the hospital, or a “Code Red” overhead page is announced, please stay where you are until you are directed otherwise, or until you hear an “all clear” announcement. Do not pass through any closed doors or use any elevators.
We provide our patients and their visitors various amenities to help make their stay and visit more enjoyable.
There are two gift shops are available at Manchester Memorial Hospital. One is located inside the main entrance, and the other is located near the Ambulatory Services entrance. Our gif shop features a selection of items including gifts, cards, snacks, flowers, personal care items, baby items and toys. Items may also be purchased over the phone and can be delivered to a patient room. To learn more, please call the gift shop at 860.646.1222 ext. 2143
Cafeteria and Vending Machines
The hospital offers a full-service cafeteria located on the ground level of the hospital. Our cafeteria hours are as follows:
6:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
9:30 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
10:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Weekends and holidays
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Vending machines are available and accessible 24 hours a day.
Free WiFi is available throughout the entire hospital for patients and visitors.
Brighten up your loved one’s hospital stay by sending them an eCard. This is a free service, and cards will be delivered right to their hospital room. Send an eCard today!