Free parking for visitors and patients is located off Union Street. The circular driveway located in this area can be utilized to drop off patients. Street parking is also available, as indicated by signs around the hospital campus.
Free valet parking services are available Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
If you are visiting Rockville General Hospital for a test or procedure, you are required to pre-register. Our easy access pre-registration services will answer all of your questions about your upcoming stay. For more information, please call our pre-registration line at 860.872.5150.
As of Jan. 1, 2022, the No Surprises Act bans out-of-network providers and facilities from sending consumers bills for amounts beyond in-network costs and standard fees like deductibles and co-pays. View more here: No Surprises Act
Visiting hours are 12 – 8 p.m. daily
The health and safety of our patients, staff and visitors is our top priority and we value the healing quality of patient visitation. Please see information below to support both safety precautions and visitor allowances.
- One visitor per patient, 18 years of age or older
- Visits are limited to 60 minutes per visitor, unless otherwise permitted
- NOTE: Exceptions may apply for patients who are deemed as comfort measures only (end of life care).
- All visitors must pass COVID screening upon entry. Visitor passes will be given to individuals to wear to denote they have cleared the screening process.
- All visitors must arrive and continue to wear a face mask/covering while in our facility.
- All visitors must maintain social distancing guidelines of 6 ft. from other people.
Inpatient Units with Full/Partial Restrictions
**Visitor exceptions will be allowed at the discretion of Clinical Management which can include patients who are on comfort measures/end-of-life care.
- Oncology (Inpatient Only): Only visitors currently residing with the patient will be permitted**
- Family Birthing Center: One visitor from time of arrival for birth thru the transition back home.
- NICU: Only those with assigned wrist bands are permitted (2 bands per NICU patient).
- Behavioral Health: Visitation requires approval**
- One visitor allowed based on accommodations. Visitor exceptions will be allowed at the discretion of Clinical Management which can include patients who are on comfort measures/end-of-life care.
Ambulatory & Outpatient Services
- Current COVID safe visitation practices remain in place:
- Families and caregivers are asked to remain in their car and not enter our facility unless absolutely required, as per exceptions permitted below.
- If one of the following exceptions is present, one (1) caregiver, healthy and over the age of 18, will be allowed to accompany the patient during their outpatient visit:
- To accompany a patient who is a minor
- Where a patient is otherwise unable to communicate, or make decisions, or ambulate on their own
- For obstetrical ultrasound procedures
- Any patient that will receive sedation/other procedures that would affect the patient’s cognitive ability
- NOTE: Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis. Please contact department for specific requests.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Per Connecticut’s Department of Public Health rule dated June 15, 2019 (Sections 19-13-D3 (Short-term hospitals, general and special), visitors are allowed for patients who need assistance due to the specifics of their disability and may have one designated support person with them to support their disability-related needs. If hospitalized for more than one day, two support people may be permitted, provided only one support person be present at a time. Any such support person must be asymptomatic for, or not have previously been confirmed positive for, COVID-19. For more information, please visit the State’s website to view the full order.
We provide our patients and their visitors various amenities to help make their stay and visit more enjoyable.
The hospital offers vending machines located on the ground level of the hospital.
Free WiFi is available throughout the entire hospital for patients and visitors.