Free parking for visitors and patients is located off Union Street. The circular driveway located in this area can be utilized to drop off patients. Street parking is also available, as indicated by signs around the hospital campus.
Free valet parking services are available Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
If you are visiting Rockville General Hospital for a test or procedure, you are required to pre-register. Our easy access pre-registration services will answer all of your questions about your upcoming stay. For more information, please call our pre-registration line at 860.872.5150.
- 1-East, 2-East, 3-North, and Critical Care Suites/ICU
- Emergency Departments
1. One visitor per patient, 18 years of age or older
2. Hours: 2 pm to 7 pm daily
3. Visits are limited to 60 minutes, unless otherwise permitted
All visitors must:
1. Pass Covid screening upon entry (exceptions may apply for patients who are deemed as Comfort Measures Only (End of Life Care),
2. Arrive and continue to wear a face mask/covering while in our facility, and
3. Maintain social distancing guidelines of 6 ft from other people
*At the hospital main entrances, a green or white sticker will be given to individuals to wear to denote they have cleared the screening process, and this sticker should always be worn while in the hospital.
Inpatient Units with Full/Partial Restrictions
- Oncology (Inpatient Only): Only visitors currently residing with the patient will be permitted**
- Family Birthing Center: One visitor from time of arrival for birth thru the patient’s transition back home.
- NICU: Only those with assigned wrist bands are permitted (2 bands per NICU patient).
- Behavioral Health: Visitation requires approval. Visitor exceptions will be allowed at the discretion of Clinical Management which can include patients who are on comfort measures/end-of-life care.
Ambulatory and Outpatient Services
Our current COVID Safe visitation practices remain in place:
- Families and caregivers are asked to remain in their car and not enter our facility unless absolutely required, as per exceptions permitted below.
- If one of the following exceptions below is present, one (1) caregiver, healthy and over the age of 18, will be allowed to accompany the patient during their outpatient visit:
- To accompany a patient who is a minor
- Where a patient is otherwise unable to communicate, or make decisions, or ambulate on their own
- For Obstetrical Ultrasound procedures
- Any patient that has cognitive disabilities and/or may need to have extensive care instructions provided.
NOTE: Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis. Please contact department for specific requests.
We provide our patients and their visitors various amenities to help make their stay and visit more enjoyable.
There is a gift shop located in the RGH Mansion, just left of the entrance. Our gif shop features a selection of items including gifts, cards, snacks, flowers, personal care items, baby items and toys. Items may also be purchased over the phone and can be delivered to a patient room. To learn more, please call the gift shop at 860.646.1222 ext. 2143
Cafeteria and Vending Machines
The hospital offers a full-service cafeteria located on the ground level of the hospital. Cafeteria hours:
6:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Free WiFi is available throughout the entire hospital for patients and visitors.
Brighten up your loved one’s hospital stay by sending them an eCard. This is a free service, and cards will be delivered right to their hospital room. Send an eCard today!