ECHN’s cancer care services are designed to provide every possible care service and resource you might need in one place. It makes care more accessible and helps remove some of the stress of fighting the disease. Our comprehensive services include:
ECHN has dedicated and experienced surgeons that are part of a multidiscipline network to provide a team approach to cancer care in order to optimize care.
Medical Oncology and Chemotherapy
Regional Cancer Care Associates LLC, a medical oncology group, helps our patients by providing the highest level of care in a community center close to home. Each patient is unique and we strive to use our experience to provide individual care to every patient. Our patients receive the most current treatment and follow-up under the care of our experienced physicians. When appropriate, patients receive treatment, including chemotherapy and immunotherapy, given by our knowledgeable and dedicated nursing staff in our on-site Infusion Center.
Utilizes targeted, high-energy radiation to safely destroy cancer cells and shrink tumors. Our team is comprised of expert radiation oncologists, physicists, dosimetrists and therapists who use innovative medical technology for more precise and effective treatment.
Integrative Health Services
Our integrative medicine therapies include cancer-specific holistic offerings to help side effects caused by cancer and cancer treatments. These services can help relax your body and improve your state of mind. Our programs include acupuncture, massage therapy and pet therapy.
Pre-registration is required to participate in these programs. To register, please call 860.533.2929.
Integrative health services are also available at the Women’s Center for Wellness, located at ECHN’s South Windsor Campus.
As important as effective diagnosis and treatment, cancer support services through ECHN are offered primarily through the John A. DeQuattro Cancer Center and play an important role in helping you and your family through a difficult journey. We provide the following services:
- Education, information and research about cancer and treatment options
- Home care to help with symptom management, rehabilitation, and coping skills, among others
- Hospice and palliative care to support and care for terminally ill patients
- Nutrition services providing individualized nutrition plans based on each person’s need and lifestyle to help support them before, during and after cancer treatment
- Support groups
- On-site shop for wigs and scarves
- Pastoral care for spiritual needs
- Preventative programs, including Freedom From Smoking and Early Detection Program
- Social services to help with the emotional and financial stresses of cancer
- Bereavement counseling
Low-Dose CT Lung Cancer Screening
ECHN is proud to provide low-dose CT lung cancer screenings at Manchester Memorial Hospital, Rockville General Hospital and Tolland Imaging Center. All facilities have earned the distinction of accredited facilities from the American College of Radiology to perform this screening. According to The National Lung Screening Trial (NLST), criteria for lung cancer screening are:
- A current or former smoker (former smokers having quit within the past 15 years)
- No history of lung cancer
- Someone between the ages of 55 to 74 years
- Someone who has smoked at least one pack a day for 30 years or two packs a day for 15 years
If you are interested in an early cancer detection imaging study talk to your doctor.