It’s Safe to Get Care
Your safety is always a core focus at ECHN. Today, we’re doing even more to ensure all hospitals, offices and outpatient facilities are safe, welcome places to access care.
- Manchester Memorial Hospital has COVID-Free Zones exclusively for patients not known to have COVID-19 or COVID-19 symptoms.
- Rockville General Hospital currently has no patients known to have COVID-19 or COVID-19 symptoms.
- We are conducting symptom screenings of all patients, colleagues, physicians and visitors before entry into most facilities.
- We provide and require masks to be worn by everyone throughout all facilities.
- We are following the CDC’s standards for increased frequency and intensity of cleaning.
- We are mandating hand-hygiene measures for all people in all facilities.
- We are mandating social distancing throughout facilities, with clearly marked signs and floor decals, as well as redesigned spaces such as waiting rooms and lobbies.
- We are limiting visitors in all facilities.
- We are taking a phased approach to resuming certain non-emergency procedures and surgeries. Speak with your doctor about new or planned appointments you may have.
- We are making Telehealth services more widely available, allowing you to connect with your doctor by phone or video chat.
Don’t Skip Your Screenings
Preventative testing and early diagnosis are so important to protecting your health. Be sure to keep appointments you have set and don’t put off making new ones. Many procedures are available at the Women’s Center for Wellness or your doctor’s offices, as well as COVID-Free Zones in the hospital. Common screenings to continue as normal include:
- Cancer Screenings
- STD Tests
- Blood Pressure
- Cholesterol Tests
- Diabetes Screenings
Remember, your health, even your life, can depend on getting care when you need it. All of us at ECHN are ready to care for you. We want you to come. And it’s safe to do so.
Don’t Distance from Your Doctor
Especially if you have a chronic condition, keep all appointments for routine checkups and treatments, including:
- Annual Physicals
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Blood Draw & Medical Imaging
- Diabetes Management
- Cancer or Cardiac Care
Don’t Hesitate to Get Help
If you have a sudden injury or illness – or something just doesn’t feel right with your health – it’s safe to get immediate care at an ECHN emergency department. Ignoring your body and putting off care can lead to more serious health concerns. Pay attention to:
- Chest pain and other symptoms of cardiac arrest
- Signs of stroke
- Serious injuries you can’t address on your own
- Mental health or addiction crises