Nationally recognized for having earned Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN) accreditations, ECHN provides hospice and palliative care through Visiting Nurse & Health Services of Connecticut (VNHSC).
For more than 100 years, VNHSC has been providing skilled health care services to the community. Dedicated to home health and community-based health care, VNHSC cares for families living in 25 communities throughout eastern and north central Connecticut.
Our Guiding Principles
We recognize that each patient is an individual with unique healthcare needs. We respect patients’ rights, personal dignity and we assure access to competent and respectful care.
Our philosophy is founded on the basic principle that healthcare, community-based services and programs serve to keep patients at home and families together to the fullest extent possible.
- We are firmly committed to excellence in home health, hospice and community-based services and programs.
- We continually strive to improve performance by implementing organization-wide processes and systems that result in innovative, quality, cost-effective care.
- We demonstrate our commitment to staff by providing opportunities for professional growth, encouraging participation in VNHSC’s mission and strategic direction and promoting and rewarding employee excellence.
- Our dedication is to serve our patients within the continuum of care in partnership with an integrated delivery system through ECHN.
- We will continue to lead and proactively respond to all challenges in an evolving healthcare environment.
We serve numerous towns within the state of Connecticut, and our highly-skilled and trained staff include:
- Certified enterostomal and wound care nurses
- Diabetic educators
- Home health aides
- Licensed physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Medical social workers
- Personal care attendants
- Registered nurses
Convenient, free, lighted parking is available to visitors.
Visiting Nurse and Health Services of Connecticut
8 Keynote Drive
Vernon, CT 06066
Request an appointment
- Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.