Emergency Departments treat patients with the most serious conditions first, so patients with less urgent needs will often wait longer to see a doctor. Our Urgent Care Center at South Windsor Campus is a lower cost option than a hospital emergency room visit.
Staffed by licensed emergency medicine specialists, our Urgent Care Center and provides immediate treatment for less serious conditions, and when your physician is not available. Open days, evenings and weekends, patients are seen on a first-come, first-served basis.
Our Urgent Care Center is able to perform on-site X-rays. Common non-emergent conditions treated include:
- Back pain
- Bruises and cuts requiring stitches
- Ear pain
- Insect bites
- Mild abdominal pain
- Minor eye injuries
- Minor slips or falls (without head or neck trauma)
- Rapid COVID Testing
- NOTE: No physician’s order is required to receive test. Symptomatic patients will receive a full evaluation and testing. Swabbing is available for asymptomatic patients.
- Sore throat
- Splinters and foreign body removal
- Strains, sprains and broken bones
- Uncomplicated skin abscesses
- Urinary tract infections
- Vomiting and diarrhea