Bringing Rehabilitation To You
ECHN is happy to share that we are now offering Home-Based Outpatient Rehabilitation in our community.
Consisting of services patients would typically receive at an outpatient rehabilitation facility, ECHN is now offering physical, occupational and speech therapy sessions from the comfort of one's home or residence.
Our home-based outpatient rehabilitation program consists of a multidisciplinary team of physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants and speech language pathologists.
Why is an outpatient rehabilitation program important?
Rehabilitation is an important part of recovery for a multitude of different ailments and conditions including:
- Acute injuries
- Chronic conditions
- Falls and Balance
- Long Haul COVID
- Neurological conditions (i.e., Stroke)
- Orthopedic diagnosis
- Post Cardiac Event patients
- Post-surgical conditions including Total Joint Replacement, Rotator Cuff repair and Spinal procedures
- And more!
Some individuals may prefer receiving/completing their rehabilitation program in the outpatient setting because:
- They enjoy going out and being a part of the community.
- They are motivated by the group setting.
- They like to use the machines to build strength.
- It provides a sense of independence.
- It provides a sense of family because they interact with many different clinicians and staff members in an outpatient clinic.
Whereas some individuals may prefer receiving/completing their rehabilitation program in their own home because:
- They cannot easily attend in-office rehabilitation programs due to transportation issues.
- They have a condition or injury that is acute or severe, and the patient is at high – risk if they leave their home.
- They have mobility issues that may prevent them from traveling to a clinic.
- They find getting to the office is too taxing and it prevents them from participating once they arrive.
- They may be confused easily, and family prefers therapy in familiar surroundings.
- They are concerned about COVID-19 and their risk due to comorbidities.
- They have disabilities that may respond better to therapy in familiar surroundings.
At ECHN, we are lucky to have both options available to our patients to help ensure they receive high quality care, regardless of where they are most comfortable!
ECHN’s outpatient home-based rehabilitation is currently available for patients living in Manchester, Vernon, and South Windsor. To learn more, please contact our rehabilitation program directly at 860.871.1092.