For many people, faith plays an integral role in healthcare and can help aid in the healing of the whole person. If you or a loved one needs encouragement or spiritual support, ECHN’s interfaith chaplains are here for you and your family, regardless of your religious background.
Pastoral Care Services
Caring, compassionate interfaith chaplains are available at both Manchester Memorial Hospital and Rockville General Hospital. Our Chaplains spend time with people of all faiths to provide comfort, counsel, end-of-life support, and are available to speak to individuals and families during their time of need. Chaplains are also available to help contact personal clergy, assistance in the use of religious items as well as sacramental assistance.
When to call an Interfaith Chaplain
Chaplains are available to visit patients and their loved ones at their bedside at any time. A chaplain may be helpful to patients who are:
- Desiring prayer or a faith-specific ritual
- Getting information or help with Advance Directives
- Grieving over the loss of a loved one
- Having difficulty with medical decision making and quality of life issues
- Needing someone to listen
- Struggling with medical news or making sense of an illness/crisis
- Preparing for a medical procedure/surgery
- Wanting to make peace with a loved one
Chapels and Meditation Spaces
Chapels at both Manchester Memorial Hospital and Rockville General Hospital provide space for prayer and quiet reflection. Bibles, other forms of Scripture and prayer rugs are conveniently available for use.