ECHN’s Dermatology services focus on the study, diagnosis and treatment of conditions and diseases related to the skin, hair, mucous membranes and nails.
Some of the most common dermatologic conditions include:
- Acne: pimples on the skin due to inflammation of the sebaceous glands
- Cold sore: inflamed blister near the mouth caused by herpes simplex virus
- Dermatitis: red, swollen and sore skin caused by irritation or allergy
- Eczema: rough and inflamed skin that is itchy and may bleed
- Fungal infections: infection of the skin or nails caused by a fungus
- Psoriasis: itchy, red, scaly patches on the skin
- Skin cancer: uncontrolled growth of skin cells
- Warts: small hard growth on the skin caused by a virus
Our team of Dermatologists treat a wide variety of conditions – ranging from mild concerns to more severe diseases – that can stem from immune system complications, allergic reactions to everyday substances, bacterial infections, viruses and more.
Our dermatology department can also help patients with cosmetic concerns – aging skin, treating surgical wounds, diminishing acne or other scars – to help restore a healthier appearance amongst patients, especially those suffering from chronic disease.
Common treatment options our team of dermatologists consider include:
- Topical medications
- Systemic medications
- Photodynamic therapy
- Laser therapy
To schedule an appointment, patients are required to receive a referral from their primary care physician.
Did You Know?
Dermatologists within the United States treat more than 3,000 conditions that affect the skin, hair, and nails every year. Skin diseases are especially common, affecting one in four Americans each year.