Walden Eating Disorder Outpatient Clinic
Located at ECHN’s South Windsor Campus, the Walden Eating Disorder Clinic provides specialized outpatient care to adolescents and adults struggling with anorexia, bulimia and binge eating disorder. In addition, the clinic provides partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs that include:
- Dialectical and cognitive behavioral therapy
- Expressive therapy
- Nutrition education and meal planning
- Relapse prevention, goal setting
- Self-esteem and body image therapy
Walden Eating Disorder Inpatient Center
The Walden Eating Disorder Center at Rockville Hospital is Connecticut’s first dedicated inpatient treatment location, serving individuals from across the country. This partnership blends medical expertise and customized behavioral health care to help treat individuals age 18 and older who struggle with anorexia, ARFID, bulimia, binge eating disorder or other specific feeding and eating disorders.
Inpatient treatment is best suited for patients who cannot be treated successfully in a less intense setting, or who have not responded to treatment at a lower level of care. Our 30-bed acute care facility provides the most intensive level of care for patients working towards eating disorder recovery. Patients and their families work with a diverse team of physicians, nurses, therapists and dietitians to develop a long-term support plan tailored to individual needs and goals. Medical stabilization is typically achieved in one to two weeks, at which time patients are ready to advance to a less intensive level of care.
Our program goals include:
- Introduction to recovery-based skills
- Medical stabilization
- Nutrition education
- Transition to next level of care
Patient benefits include:
- A dedicated multi-disciplinary treatment team, including physicians, nurses, therapists, dietitians and mental health professionals
- Treatment for patients with Anorexia, Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID), Bulimia, Binge Eating Disorder (BED) and Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorders (OSFED)
- Most major insurances are accepted
Walden Eating Disorders Center at Rockville Hospital is conveniently located within an hour drive of Hartford CT, New Haven CT and Waterbury CT and Springfield MA. The Center is also under two hours from Boston MA and under three hours from New York City.