At ECHN, we know that living with an open wound that won’t heal can affect your enjoyment of life – and can jeopardize your health and well-being. That’s why we provide specialized services to help heal open wounds at the high-tech yet personalized and friendly ECHN Center for Wound Healing.
We are experts at caring for people whose open sores and wounds have resisted traditional wound treatment. We are proud of our success rate of 94% of chronic wounds healed in 16 weeks or sooner.
Our Wound Healing Services
Located at Manchester Memorial Hospital, in the Ambulatory Services Center, the ECHN Center for Wound Healing is staffed with a unique team of doctors, nurses and therapists dedicated to healing chronic wounds. We have the expertise and equipment to treat each special circumstance and challenge.
- Although we keep your doctor informed about your progress, you do not need a written doctor’s referral to come here.
- We specialize in pain control to help you be more comfortable as your wound is healed.
- We look at you as a whole person, focusing not only on your wound but also on any health conditions you may have, such as diabetes, in order to avoid future wounds.
Whatever it takes for healing to occur, we are equipped and staffed to make it happen.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call the ECHN Center for Wound Healing at 860.533.2903 or email program director Denise Dowd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The causes of open sores and wounds are complex, and each wound has its unique set of circumstances. The ECHN Center for Wound Healing offers leading-edge wound healing options including:
- Utilization of Healogics proprietary Clinical Assessment pathway that helps our team understand the reason your wound is not healing.
- Debridement (removal of dead or damaged tissue)
- Specially chosen dressings and wraps
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy, a painless procedure in which you breathe 100% oxygen at increased atmospheric pressure to help your body heal.
- Bioengineered tissue substitutes
- Platelet growth technologies
Most wound treatments are covered by Medicare/Medicaid, HMOs and other private insurance plans. For more information, call 860.533.2903
, Monday through Friday from 7:45 am to 5:30 pm.
What to Expect
Here is what to expect from the services of the ECHN Center for Wound Healing:
- Generally the doctor presently treating your wound will refer you to our Center – but you also can make your appointment directly with us. You don’t need a written referral from your doctor.
- Before beginning treatment, our team will thoroughly evaluate your wound and review your medical history.
- Tests may be conducted to tell us more about your blood flow and tissue oxygenation, as well as to determine if there’s any infection present.
- Together with your doctor, we will develop a wound treatment program based on our assessment of your needs. Your program will likely involve regular visits to the Center. Your progress is meticulously documented and adjusted as necessary.
- We are in constant communication with your doctor throughout your care. Once your wound healing is complete, you’ll return to your doctor for follow-up care. And of course, you’ll continue with your personal doctor for any related conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
Your First Appointment
Here is what you should bring to your first appointment at the ECHN Center for Wound Healing:
- A list of any medications you are currently taking and any known allergies
- Medical records (including x-rays) if you have them
Center for Wound Healing Video Library
We invite you to view the following brief videos to learn how we can help heal your wounds and improve your quality of life:
In Partnership with Healogics
The ECHN Center for Wound Healing is in partnership with Healogics, a nationwide network of wound care experts certified by The Joint Commission and specializing in the latest wound healing treatment and prevention techniques. Visit www.Healogics.com
to learn more.