Volunteering at ECHN
Each year, dedicated volunteers give thousands of hours of service to ECHN. Volunteers must have the desire to assist patients, their families and our community. Excellent customer service skills, compassion, maturity, empathy, objectivity, tact and the ability to maintain confidentiality are required.
- Volunteers at ECHN help in the following roles:
- Patient Comfort Visitor (for example, reading short stories, playing games, conversation)
- Patient/Visitor Escorts
- Coffee Cart Attendants
- Waiting Room Greeters/Discharge Attendants
- Patient Hand Massage Volunteers
- Pet Therapy Volunteers
- Music Volunteers
- Family Birthing Center Cuddle Volunteers
- Family Birthing Center "Read to Grow" Volunteers
- Woodlake at Tolland Recreation Volunteers
Please note that opportunities for individuals under 18 years of age and/or in high school are very limited.
All volunteers must complete an application and require medical clearance, a background and reference check and must attend an orientation before work can begin. Volunteers working at Woodlake at Tolland must also be fingerprinted.
Complete an application.
Interested in our internship/externship program? Complete an internship application. Please note: Because of the high volume of applications we receive, someone from our management team will be in touch with you only if we have an opportunity that meets your needs. Please be sure to complete the entire application.
We wish you well in your educational endeavors.