Visiting Nurse & Health Services of Connecticut (VNHSC) is an organization dedicated to home health, hospice and community-based health care.
The mission of VNHSC is to be the home health and hospice organization of choice by providing quality multidisciplinary, community-based services and programs.
VNHSC was named to the 2014 Homecare Elite, a listing of Medicare-certified agencies whose achievements in quality improvement and financial performance are among the top 25% of providers nationwide. VNHSC has received this award for nine consecutive years – the only agency in Connecticut to achieve this distinction.
Visiting Nurse and Health Services of Connecticut has been recognized by the Hartford Courant and Fox CT in Greater Hartford as a Top Workplaces 2013 and 2014. This honor is based on surveys about the workplace completed by our employees.
Our Guiding Principles
- We recognize that each patient is an individual with unique health care needs. We respect patients’ rights and personal dignity, and we assure access to competent and respectful care.
- Our philosophy is founded on the basic principle that health care and community-based services and programs serve to keep patients at home and families together to the extent possible.
- We are firmly committed to excellence in home health, hospice and community-based services and programs.
- We continually strive to improve performance by implementing organization-wide processes and systems that result in innovative, quality, cost-effective care.
- We demonstrate our commitment to staff by providing opportunities for professional growth, encouraging participation in VNHSC’s mission and strategic direction and promoting and rewarding employee excellence.
- Our dedication is to serve our patients within the continuum of care in partnership with an integrated delivery system through ECHN.
- We will continue to lead and proactively respond to all challenges in an evolving health care environment.
Our staff includes:
- Registered nurses
- Certified enterostomal and wound care nurses
- Diabetic educator
- Rehabilitation therapists: physical, occupational, speech
- Medical social workers
- Home health aides
- Personal care attendants
Our Service Areas
The towns served by VNHSC include:
- Broad Brook
- East Hartford
- East Windsor
- East Windsor Hill
- South Windsor
- Stafford Springs
- Windsor Locks