At ECHN, we offer the latest gynecology surgery techniques and procedures delivered by caring professionals. Our focus is on excellent outcomes, easing anxiety and treating each woman with respect and professionalism.
Gynecology surgery at ECHN is performed at Manchester Memorial Hospital and Rockville General Hospital by the highly trained and experienced obstetrician/gynecologists on the ECHN medical staff. Their innovative approach to gynecology surgery includes, when possible, use of minimally invasive and robotic surgery to help speed your recovery and get you back to your normal activities as quickly as possible.
Whether you need surgery for a benign condition or oncologic gynecology care, you can be assured you will receive the specialized attention and expert treatment you need. Learn more about minimally invasive and robotic surgery at ECHN.
Gynecology Conditions Treated
We treat a wide range of gynecologic conditions, including:
- Abnormal pap smears
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Adenomyosis (a uterine thickening condition)
- Adhesions (scar-like tissue)
- Amenorrhea (missed periods)
- Bladder and vaginal prolapse
- Ovarian masses/cysts
- Pelvic pain
- Urinary incontinence
- Urogynecology (disorders of the female pelvic floor)
- Uterine fibroids
Procedures Offered Our gynecology procedures and surgeries include:
- Diagnostic or therapeutic dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Hysterectomy (abdominal, vaginal, laparoscopic, robot-assisted)
- Laser surgery
- Pelvic laparoscopy
- Voluntary sterilization