Social Media Policy
ECHN Social Media Policy
This Social Media Policy (the “Policy”) applies to any user of a social media internet site who interacts with Eastern Connecticut Health Network (“ECHN”) by posting or commenting on an ECHN social media site, channel or network. For purposes of this Policy, ECHN’s social media sites, channels and networks are individually and collectively referred to as “Social Media Sites” and the individuals interacting with ECHN on the Social Media Sites are referred to as “user” or “you.”
ECHN has a public presence on Social Media Sites for the purposes of sharing information about ECHN and for the public to view content and/or videos and post comments about ECHN. These Social Media Sites include but are not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and FourSquare and other user generated content sites and channels as well as news and/or multi-media sites and networks.
ECHN encourages posts and comments from you on our Social Media Sites, but understand that we cannot respond to every post or comment, and that we cannot offer medical advice, diagnosis or treatment via Social Media Sites. If you have a question about your specific medical condition, you should contact your doctor or other qualified healthcare professional.
As always, if you are in the United States and are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911.
ECHN does not censor or moderate posts or comments on our Social Media Sites, but we reserve the right to delete posts or comments that we determine are abusive or off topic or that contain inappropriate content or language, spam or promotions for commercial products or political campaigns or issues. Feedback is always welcome, but mutual respect is required.
In order to protect your personal privacy, please consider carefully before posting any personal information that can be linked to your name on our Social Media Sites, as your name, posts and comments will be publicly viewable on the Internet. You are prohibited from posting any content on our Social Media Sites that is considered “personal health information” related to you or to anyone else, including patient images.
Terms and Conditions of Use
- Use of our Social Media Sites does not create a physician-patient or other health care provider-patient relationship between you and any ECHN medical personnel. Those providing content on our Social Media Sites are not rendering medical or health services. Users should consult with a medical professional before taking any action or drawing conclusions based on content accessed or viewed through our sites. No content on our Social Media Sites should replace or overrule a health care professional’s judgment or diagnosis.
- You must be at least 18 years old to post any content or comment on any of our Social Media Sites.
- If you are an ECHN employee, you must comply with the applicable ECHN employee policy or policies that govern employee conduct relating to the use of social media and/or communicating about ECHN to the media or the public.
- You are also prohibited from using our Social Media Site to provide medical advice or medical commentary or to use our Social Media Sites to make, recommend or increase referrals to physicians who are not affiliated with ECHN.
- You are prohibited from posting any content on our Social Media Sites that is considered “personal health information” relating to you or to any other person, including patient images.
- No guarantee is made by ECHN or its content or service providers against errors, defects, delays, omissions, interruptions or losses. A file downloaded from any of our Social Media Sites is not guaranteed to be free of viruses or other such destructive properties.
- You grant ECHN authorization (i) to reproduce, publish and distribute content posted to our Social Media Sites, (ii) to edit or delete content posted to our Social media Sites, and (iii) to use any content posted to our Social Media Sites for any ECHN purpose.
- You are solely responsible for content you post or otherwise submit (“submit”) to our Social Media Sites. You may not submit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party. You agree that you will not violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including those related to copyright and other intellectual property rights.
- You agree that you will not submit any content that may be considered by ECHN to be (i) threatening, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, obscene, hateful or otherwise objectionable; (ii) a promotion or advertisement of a product or service; or (iii) political lobbying or soliciting; or (iv) a discussion of a political campaign or issues or about any legislation or law.
- ECHN reserves the right to edit, modify or delete any content on its Social Media Sites, including user generated or provided content.
- We also reserve the right to monitor, restrict or discontinue your access to or use of our Social Media Sites, at any time, with or without advance notice, and for any reason or no reason at all. ECHN may suspend, change or discontinue any aspect of our Social Media Sites at any time. ECHN may, without any liability to you, disclose your activities within our Social Media Sites in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, warrants or subpoenas, or to protect ECHN’s rights. You agree that in the event that ECHN exercises any of these rights for any reason, ECHN will not be liable to you.
- By posting any content on our Social Media Sites, you grant to ECHN the irrevocable right to (i) reproduce, distribute, publish, display such content, and (ii) create derivative works from your content, and (iii) edit or modify such content and use such content for any ECHN purpose.
- You assume all responsibility related to the security, privacy and confidentiality risks associated with sending any content over the Internet. By its very nature, a website and the Internet cannot be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts. We do not warrant or safeguard against interceptions or attempts to intercept or compromise your content posted to our Social Media Sites or sent over the Internet.
- ECHN does not endorse any product, service, views or content displayed on our Social Media Sites.
- In no event shall ECHN, or any of its employees, agents, advisors or content or service providers be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages arising from, or directly or indirectly related to, our Social Media Sites including without limitation, the use or inability to use, or the content related to our Social Media Sites.
- Any dispute, claim or action related to your use, viewing, posting, interaction with or access to our Social Media Sites shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Connecticut, without regard to its conflicts of laws principles, and you agree to be bound and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state or federal courts located in Connecticut.