Women's Health Services of Eastern Connecticut
At ECHN, we are committed to the future of women’s health. We offer:
- Home-like atmosphere of private labor, delivery and recovery rooms at the Family Birthing Center at Manchester Memorial Hospital.
- A comprehensive range of childbirth education classes to prepare parents and siblings for the birth of a child.
- The Maternity Care Center at Rockville General Hospital, providing pre-natal and post-partum care to underinsured and uninsured women.
- A Neonatology program that is affiliated with Connecticut Children’s Medical Center.
- Advanced minimally invasive gynecological procedures using Intuitive Surgical Inc.’s da Vinci® Si™ HD (High Definition) Surgical System.
- The Women's Center for Wellness offers an array of health and wellness services, including digital mammography, bone density scans, alternative therapy services including acupuncture, therapeutic massage, reiki and yoga.
- The ECHN Breast Care Collaborative provides multidiscipline, comprehensive, competent and compassionate care in all aspects of breast health, utilizing state of the art technology coupled with clinical expertise.
- ECHN offers community education programs on breast cancer awareness, women and heart disease, and a variety of other topics pertinent to women’s health.
- Free screening mammograms are offered to uninsured or underinsured women, made possible by a state grant and other philanthropic donations.
for more information for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Preconception Care, Resource Center.