Center for Wound Healing
ECHN Center for Wound Healing
In partnership with Healogics
Every wound has its unique set of circumstances. Our Center for Wound Healing is equipped and staffed to address them all, with most wound treatments covered by Medicare/Medicaid, HMOs and other private insurance plans. We are expert at caring for people whose open sores and wounds have resisted traditional wound treatment with a success rate of 94% healed in 16 weeks.
For more information, call 860.533.2903, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. The Wound Healing Center is located at Manchester Memorial Hospital.
Center for Wound Healing Video Library
TV Commercial about Hyperbaric Medicine
Interview with Program Director, Denise Dowd
Specialists working together for you
Our Center is staffed with a unique team of doctors, nurses, and therapists all dedicated to healing chronic wounds. The causes of open sores and wounds are complex and our group represents expertise in all of the major areas necessary to handle their carried circumstances and challenges. Whatever it takes for healing to occur, we’re equipped and staffed to make it happen.
Steps to start healing:
- Generally the doctor presently treating your wound will refer you to our Center. Or, you can make your appointment directly.
- When you call for your first appointment, we’ll ask you a few questions about your health.
- Before beginning treatment, our team will thoroughly evaluate your wound and review your medical history.
- Tests may be conducted to tell us more about your blood flow and tissue oxygenation, as well as to determine if there’s any infection present.
- Together with your doctor, we will develop a wound treatment program based on our assessment of your needs. Your program will likely involve regular visits to the Center. Your progress is meticulously documented and adjusted as necessary.
- We are in constant communication with your doctor throughout your care. Once your wound healing is complete, you’ll return to your doctor for follow-up care. And of course, you’ll continue with your personal doctor for any related ailments like diabetes and hypertension.
What to bring to your first appointment:
- A list of any medications you’re currently taking and any known allergies
- Medical records (including x-rays) if you have them
- Insurance forms or cards
- Patient Intake Form
Your role in healing
Much of the success of your wound treatment depends on you. We’ll count on you to follow directions carefully and watch your progress closely. You’ll learn about caring for your wound at home including how to change dressings and how to protect yourself from further injuries. We’re always here to answer questions and give you the support you need to heal.
New wound healing options available here
At the Wound Healing Center, you’ll receive the right treatment to heal your wound. Your wound care doctor may prescribe some of these therapies:
- Debridement (removal of dead or damaged tissue)
- Specially chosen dressings and wraps
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Bio-engineered tissue substitutes
- Platelet growth technologies
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call The Center for Wound Healing at 860.533.2903 or e-mail Denise Dowd, Program Director, at email@example.com.
Facility Fee Notice