Nov 26, 2012 -
Urgent care is a great resource for everything from an evening attack of the flu to a lazy Saturday turned broken arm. But even when these small emergencies hit, it’s important to know that not all urgent care is created equal. Choosing the right urgent care facility could ultimately keep you from needing hospital emergency services.
Urgent care features that can make a difference in your care
- Board-certified physicians: A superior urgent care center will always be staffed with an experienced, board-certified physician, where others may not always staff with a physician. ECHN Urgent Care is proud to have board-certified physicians on duty at our centers, which sets us apart from the competition.
- On-site x-ray and lab: There’s nothing worse than having to go to multiple places when you aren’t feeling well.
- Hours & location: Not all urgent care facilities have extended hours, so check before you go. Also, doing a quick search could reveal one closer to home.
- Insurance: May seem like a no-brainer, but you can save yourself a big headache later by making sure the urgent care center you pick accepts your insurance. ECHN Urgent Care accepts all insurance types.
- Electronic medical record integration: Choosing an urgent care center in your network can ensure your test results and notes are available to your primary care physican and other caregivers.
“I chose to work at ECHN Urgent Care because I love the pace and energy of a place that is constantly changing.” Dr. Lina Hwang from the ECHN Urgent Care Center in South Windsor.
Remember, no matter what urgent care facility you choose, it’s always best to follow up with your primary care provider’s office when it opens for business. If you live in the South Windsor area and are looking for an urgent care facility, ECHN Urgent Care is right in your neighborhood. Our board-certified physicians and nursing staff provides treatment for non-emergency conditions, offers extended hours, and sees patients on a first-come, first-served basis.
ECHN Urgent Care at South Windsor
2800 Tamarack Ave., Suite 105
Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.