May 18, 2009 -
Seven physicians on the Active Medical Staff of Eastern Connecticut Health Network (ECHN) made Connecticut Magazine's 2009 "Top Doctors" list. They are:
- Colorectal surgeon Saumitra Banerjee, M.D.
- Colorectal surgeon David Cherry, M.D.
- Podiatrist Brian Deschamps, D.P.M.
- Ophthalmologist Peter Judson, M.D.
- Orthopedic surgeon James Mazzara, M.D.
- Gastroenterologist James O'Brien, M.D.
- Otolaryngologist (ear, nose & throat specialist) Jeffrey Sawyer, M.D.
Drs. Banerjee and Sawyer were also profiled in the April 2009 issue.
Connecticut Magazine sent out more than 2,000 questionnaires to doctors across the state asking them to recommend a doctor to whom they would send a loved one for expert medical care. This year's survey focused on general internal medicine, as well as the specialties of otolaryngology (ears, nose and throat), gastroenterology, ophthalmology, urology, and colorectal medicine.
"We have 420 physicians on staff - 314 active, 76 courtesy, 16 consulting, 14 part-time - who are highly trained, board-certified, experienced, and capable," said Peter J. Karl, President and CEO of ECHN. "I congratulate these seven physicians, who are representative of a group of committed physicians who care about their patients and the future of quality health care east of the river."
Click here to view profiles of all of the doctors on the ECHN medical staff.