Oct 12, 2012 -
After a few successful weeks of operation, ECHN celebrated the opening of its first Urgent Care Center at 2800 Tamarack Avenue in South Windsor. Chairman of the ECHN Board of Trustees Dennis O'Neill, MD, congratulated the staff and greeted guests. The community had an opportunity to meet with the urgent care staff and tour the facility. There was only positive feedback.
Advantages of ECHN Urgent Care
Urgent Care Services
- The center is staffed by board-certified physicians.
- Patients will receive the same high quality of care as in our Emergency Departments, but less wait times and smaller co-pays.
- The center is integrated with the ECHN hospitals and medical records systems.
- The center is conveniently located and offers after-hour accessibility, including evening and Saturday hours.
- There is X-Ray capability on-site.
- Lower cost than an emergency visit for non-emergency care.
- Slips and falls
- Strains, sprains and broken bones
- Back pain
- Abdominal pain
- Bruises and cuts requiring stitches
- Fever, cold and flu
- Vomiting, diarrhea or dehydration
- Sore throat and cough
- Mild to moderate asthma
- Splinters and foreign body removal