Women's Center for Wellness
2600 Tamarack Avenue
South Windsor, CT 06074
Women's Center for Wellness
The Women's Center for Wellness offers an array of health and wellness services in South Windsor, just off Buckland Road near the Promenade Shops at Evergreen Walk.
Overview of Services
The Women's Center for Wellness features these services and more:
- Digital mammography
- Bone density scans
- Alternative therapy services including acupuncture and therapeutic massage
- Educational resources available on women's health issues including breast health
- The services of a free breast care coordinator
The Women's Center for Wellness offers state-of-the-art digital mammography, which enables doctors to detect more breast cancers than standard mammography. Digital mammography offers patients:
- Fewer retakes
- Lower radiation doses
- Shorter exams
- Faster results
To schedule a mammography appointment at the Women's Center for Wellness, please call 860.533.4646.
A licensed acupuncturist is available for appointments at the Women's Center for Wellness. Studies have found that acupuncture is useful, combined with conventional therapies to treat:
- Nausea from surgical anesthesia
- Nausea from chemotherapy
- Menstrual cramps
- Tennis elbow
- Myofascial pain
- Lower back pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
Acupuncture also aids in:
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Pain relief following surgery
- Easing symptoms of seasonal allergies
Each session lasts about an hour and costs between $70 and $115; the cost is sometimes covered by insurance. Acupuncture appointments may be made by calling 860.533.4646.
Therapeutic massage is the manipulation of the body's soft tissue for therapeutic purposes. Massages can be for the full body, or a just a particular area such as the back or shoulders.
The benefits of massage are:
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Relief of aching muscles and joints
- Increase freedom of movement and assist in achieving a more balanced posture
- Increase circulation
- Release tension around habitual postures, such as hunched shoulders or aggressively tightened jaws
- Boost your immune system by relieving stress and increasing lymph flow, making you less vulnerable to illness
- Alleviate discomforts related to PMS, menopause, pregnancy, sports injuries, back problems, and illness rehabilitation
- Hasten the elimination of waste toxic debris stored in the muscles, increase the interchange of substances between the blood and tissue cells, and heighten the oxygenation of the tissues
Massage appointments may be made by calling 860.533.4646.
Breast Care Coordinator
ECHN's Breast Care Coordinator, Donna Cameron, RN, RMT, BS, serves as a resource nurse and health system navigator on behalf of our patients, doctors, and doctor office staffs. More information on ECHN's Breast Care Collaborative. To speak with Donna, call the Breast Care Collaborative at 860.533.4696.
Free Mammography and Cervical Cancer Screenings
To support early detection, ECHN provides FREE mammography and cervical screening services to financially eligible women. These services are made possible with the support of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Connecticut Department of Public Health's Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program, and the Manchester Chapter of UNICO National, which sponsors the Manchester Women's Breast Cancer Screening Program. Our free mammography services are also funded by Team Towanda and private donations. For more information on these FREE services offered at various ECHN affiliates, call 860.872.5368.